We are currently hiring for our busy kitchen! Please email resume to email@example.com
Wholesome Pickins Market & Bakery is a busy, seasonal bakery and market that is open 7 days a week from April through to December. Our commitment to excellent customer service is what drives us, and we are dedicated to hiring outstanding individuals who share our passion for serving customers and preparing high quality food.
Our Savory Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively.
Summary of Duties
- Prepares food and bakery items following established savory scratch recipes; including dips, salads and other staple menu items.
- Creates new and unique seasonal dishes for prepackaged sale in retail store.
- Assists with future planning and growth of savory line.
- Prepare labels and check product for a consistently high standard of quality control.
- Prepare ingredients and material for product-making.
- Maintain the highest standards for cleanliness and food safety.
- Cleans, sanitize, and disinfect workstations and all equipment used in food preparation.
- Clean and sanitize dishes by hand.
- Use kitchen tools and machinery in a safe manner.
- Restock supplies and take inventory as required.
- Daily record keeping for inventory and food safety purposes.
- Provide support to other team members to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Attends required team meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 1-year kitchen or bakery experience required
- Food Handlers Certification
- Creative and self motivated
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Hard working, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to handle customer and employer requests in a professional manner.
- Able to bend, squat, stand and lift heavy objects as needed.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which will include working early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to apply.